Apples are known to be extremely beneficial for us, because of the possession of beneficial nutrients, vitamins, fibre and minerals. Hence, the expression, “an apple a day keeps the doctor away”. Many consider Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) to be the ultimate form of the Apple, with many more benefits unlocked during the fermentation process.
The benefits of ACV come from its healing compounds which include acetic acid, potassium, magnesium, probiotics and enzymes. The question is not what ACV can do, but what it can’t do. This natural miracle worker has been credited for curing everything from the flu to warts, and from sunburn to dandruff.
Restores Acid – Alkaline Balance
Despite its acidic taste, ACV promotes alkalinity in the body to maintain a healthy alkaline pH level. The theory behind alkalinity is that our blood is slightly alkaline, with a normal pH level of between 7.35 and 7.45. Our food intake should reflect this pH level as the body always strives to achieve this state of balance. Unfortunately, our modern eating habits do often not support this.
Research shows that higher acid levels (which lowers the pH level), leads to a lack of energy, excessive slime production and higher incidences of infection.
ACV is also credited as one of the primary ways to battle cancer by bringing the body into an alkaline state which makes it an inhospitable environment for cancer. According to Nobel Prize Winner, Dr Otto Warburg, “Cancer cannot survive in an alkaline, oxygen rich environment, but thrives in an acidic, low oxygen environment.”
9 more Health Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV)
- DIABETES – The effect of ACV on blood sugar levels is perhaps the best-researched and the most promising of its health benefits. Diabetes Research Study: Vinegar helps postprandial blood sugar
- ALLERGIES – This miracle vinegar supports to break up mucous throughout the body and cleanses the lymph nodes. It reduces the effects of allergies and helps to avoid sinus infections and their related symptoms, such as sore throats and headaches.
- BLOOD PRESSURE – Potassium in the vinegar balances sodium levels in the body, which aids in maintaining blood pressure within healthy limits. ACV also contains magnesium, a mineral that works to relax blood vessel walls and thus lower high blood pressure.
- HIGH CHOLESTEROL – A study reported in Medscape General Medicine showed evidence that ACV could lower cholesterol. In a study published in a foreign medical journal, scientists found an ACV-enhanced diet may increase HDL (“good” cholesterol) and reduce levels of triglycerides. For more information: The EarthClinic
- HEARTBURN – If you take regular ACV with some water it is said to help correct low stomach acid conditions that lead to heartburn. Always dilute it well, as ACV is very strong and could be too powerful for heartburn sufferers. In case you have an ulcer, please use with care.
- PREVENT CANDIDA – ACV is full of beneficial acids, which have antibacterial, antimicrobial and anti-fungal properties. These acids help control the spread of the candida fungus in your intestines, a common debilitating problem with many people’s high sugar diets.
- DETOXIFICATION – ACV is widely used for detoxification. Drinking diluted raw and unfiltered apple cider vinegar is believed to help detoxify and cleanse your liver. You can simply detox by having two tablespoons of ACV with a large glass of water before each meal. Optionally you can add more ingredients for a different taste and increased benefits: Detox Drink Recipe
- WEIGHT LOSS – For thousands of years, vinegar has been used for weight loss, perhaps of its quality that helps people to feel full. Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight Loss
- FACE AND HAIR CARE – ACV can be used as a rinse for your hair after shampooing, to add a healthy body and shine. Usage: Recycle an old shampoo bottle, fill it with a half tablespoon of ACV and one cup of cold water. Pour over your hair after shampooing, several times a week. You can also dilute ACV with two parts of water, and spread the mixture over your face with a cotton ball, as a toner at night after washing, or in the morning before you apply your moisturiser. You can also dab ACV directly onto age spots and leave them on overnight to lighten their colour
You can drink it first thing in the morning with warm/hot water, 2 hours after your last meal, or 1/2 hr before any other meal.
Mix 1 tbsp ACV with one cup of water: equals 8 ounces or 250 ml. ACV is quite strong when taken straight can be harsh on the oesophagus, so you’ll want to dilute it. Diluting is also advisable when using it to rinse your hair or clean your face. ACV can always be used in your kitchen to prepare your salad or other food which require the use of vinegar.
Apple Cider Vinegar is considered to be one of the most powerful health tonics in your kitchen. I can recommend to keep a bottle in your fridge for the rest of your life and get creative with it. Always use the raw, organic, unpasteurized and unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar.
ACV is considered safe. As with all foods and complementary’s, it’s recommended to use with modesty.
Always use your common sense!
Used sources and for more detailed information:
* Apple Cider Vinegar – One Of The Most Powerful Health Tonics In Your Kitchen ‘Wake Up World’ by John Summerly
* 8 Amazing Uses for Apple Cider Vinegar, and as Treatment for Cancer
The Gerson Institute is a non-profit organisation in San Diego, California, dedicated to providing education and training in the Gerson Therapy, an alternative, non-toxic treatment for cancer and other chronic degenerative diseases.
8 Amazing Uses for Apple Cider Vinegar
Monique, dear dear friend! Apple cider has now gone onto my shopping list! I have known about and used ACV in the past, but now know so much more. I’m most grateful, and thank you. Have a beautiful day! and my love to you – Karen
PS I’m still oil pulling and starting to get good at it now! 🙂
Karen dear, I’m so grateful for your infinite enthusiasm! I’ve been thinking about you and I’m pleased to hear you are still practising the oil-pulling.. and that it is becoming easier, as is my experience too!!
The many years of working on my health has given me so much insight and knowledge about simple and affordable means, with amazing healing benefits. Most are within reach, to keep our body in good shape and healthy!
Thank You beautiful friend, for you appreciation for what I love doing most!!
Much Love and Blessings to You ♡
I really thanks you my dear friend Monique .. You are always helping us to have health .. I will do what you say .. because I agree absolutely .. Blessings dear friend …
You are so kind Maria. My health concerns yours … above all always listen to your body.
Thank You and Blessings Beautiful Friend! ♡
All you articles so interesting .. Many thanks my dear friend Monique .. I will d .. Blessings dear friend
Thank You Maria!!! ツ
Thanks for the information. I never knew it was so beneficial.
It is indeed amazing Sheila! Cheers on an excellent health!!
I’m so happy you wrote about this subject , Monique !!! I’ve been using ACV for a number of years and …it’s always in my cupboard (i buy in in bulk for a better price) …I even like the taste of it and sometimes put it in my veggie soups …i always loved things sour rather than sweet , so i guess i’m lucky ! I’m really grateful for you bringing it up , since sometimes i tend to forget to use it …i do use lemon a lot , which is also alkaline …but maybe it’s good to alternate !
Thanks again for taking such good care of us with priceless information for improving our mind and body health !
Hugs and Blessings to you , dear Monique !
Gabriela dear, how wonderful to hear you are using ACV already and also that you like the taste so much! Personally, I really had to get used to it. We too use lemons a lot for its alkaline benefits… mainly in the mornings before breakfast… or in the evening, with some ginger and honey. Also a perfect remedy after dinner, when you’ve eaten to fat.
Thank you for your sincere and enthusiastic contribution! Priceless for me, to keep sharing my findings and experiences. *Cheers* to our health and well-being my friend.
Hugs and Blessings ♡
Thanks a lot for your information about de apple cider vinegar. I had know idea that it is so good for your health. I will start using it and will certainly inform friends which have problems with diabetes and high bloodpressure.
Good luck with the use of ACV and spreading the word!!
Blessings Karin _/|\_
Thanks for this wonderful sharing of info, Monique. I’m now more aware of the MANY benefits of ACV!
Since childhood I’ve used it mainly when coming down with a cold, or when a cold has set in and congestion is high. It’s SO beneficial for that, yet I had no idea it was beneficial in so many diverse ways!
Thank you, Beloved Sis. I’m SO happy to have read this, and I’ll now find ways to incorporate ACV into my daily routine, rather than using it only on the rare occasions where I formerly used it . . .
ACV – here I come! 🙂
Interesting Frances, that you’ve used ACV since childhood for such great purpose!!
I’m pleased to have shared some more benefits for overall health!
All of the best to you and your health, enjoy the use of this wonderful product of Nature!!
Much Love ♡
Thanks, Monique. I hugely appreciate all you share with us!!! 🙂
An apple cider vinegar supplement that can answer all these requirements. It is a tried and true remedy that has been around for thousands of years, and contains the minerals and trace elements that are vital for a healthy body. It is recorded to have been used by Hippocrates around 400BC for its health giving qualities and is still providing health benefits today.