Intuition as your inner guidance, the voice of the non-physical world. Besides our five senses; seeing, hearing, smelling, tasting and touching, we have intuition as our sixth sense. It is multi-sensory and works as a compass throughout our lives, which is perceived through the energy of our soul.
It is the holder of our wisdom, gained both in this life and previous ones, leading us to people and circumstances which are beneficial for our personal goals and growth.
Intuition can be experienced as a ‘gut’ feeling, which tells us when something isn’t quite right, or alternatively lets us know when something is. It is the ‘yes’ and ‘no’ feeling which navigate us through life, on the path that is uniquely designed for us!
Perhaps very different than we had expected. Yet, when letting go of the outcome and trusting the wisdom of our inner voice, we might be surprised by the result.
We become comfortable with our inner voice, by taking action steps which are aligned with our feelings and knowledge. We build trust, and automatically become more aligned with our higher purpose. As we are naturally drawn towards what is best for us, life becomes easier – in our relationships, work, or any situation which requires personal responsibility. Eventually, life becomes a continuous unfolding process, enabling us to discover who we really are and what we came here to be.
You are The Captain
You can picture yourself as the captain of your own boat (life), with the sails as your intuition. Guiding you lovingly through life, giving signs when action is required. You need to stay focused and determined to the settings of your sails (intuition), while cruising along in the direction of your goals. Be confident and trust the process, as the wind (flow of life) will guide you, as to when it’s time to act, or when it’s time to adjust your sails.
However, if we are not aligned with our inner compass, caused by fear, stress, anxiety or perhaps ignorance, we might miss the necessary signs. As a consequence this will cause pain and suffering. Eventually, this might motivate us to look deeper within, beyond what is visible to the eye.
Seven Steps to Refine your Intuition
- Take time to be with yourself, to be able to hear the whispers of your soul. It is important to create some moments of silence in your days, even if only for a couple of minutes. Especially if you’re feeling stressed or are experiencing an overactive mind.
- Be creative in ways which feel good to you, where you feel able to express yourself authentically. Any form of art is good here, like music, cooking, writing, painting, drawing or gardening. Creativity and Intuition enhance each other and expand the field of manifestation.
- Practise meditation and/or mindfulness. These empower your ability to tune in to, and to work with your intuition.
- Learn to observe your world, both without and within. Be open to the signs which are a reflection of what is happening within you, to what is calling for your attention.
- Listen to your body’s signals and always follow your heart. Feelings are emotions, which are reflected by your mind and initiated by your soul.
- Pay attention to your relationships and be open to the real message behind what is being communicated by another. Integrate silence in your conversations. Simply listen, and ask questions when appropriate. Practise empathy, by placing yourself into the other.
- Trust your gut feelings and act on them. You learn by practising, and the more you practise the easier it becomes.
By becoming aware of the workings of your intuitive abilities, and by learning to use them in positive and constructive ways, you will be given a pathway to empowerment, to create a life with joy, freedom and inner peace.